Mr. Mwesigwa Bickie Isharaza, Deputy Chief of Party feed the future Uganda Youth leadership in Agriculture
According to Mr. Mwesigwa, the key drivers for youth-led agricultural transformation for economic development are:
- Increasing youth access to microfinance institutions as well as building the capacity of village savings and loan associations to reach out to young people;
- Creation of an enabling environment for the private sector to succeed as the private sector has the potential to drive agricultural development;
- An enabling environment in form of policies that facilitate and promote learning from the innovations in youth and agriculture;
- Investment in research and development;
- ICT infrastructure to linking rural areas and youth to information and services;
The availability of, and access to reliable data. There are no clear mechanisms or platforms that promote data sharing across stakeholders which calls for urgent attention.