Mr. Johnson Kagugube- Executive Director Development, Research and Training (DRT)
Johnsons thanked the participants for having honored the invitation. He appreciated the Minister for having honored the invitation too, recognized the steering committee members of IYET who had organized the workshop. He informed the participants that the aim of the platform is to bring together NGOs, development partners, government, private sector, youth and academia to advocate for improved diversified opportunities for young people so that they actively participate in agriculture. The highlight of the workshop for him was youth involvement in all stages of agricultural development. He urged the youth to act fast upon the knowledge received. He emphasized that the workshop was the first of its kind and that discussions are on-going about making it an annual event.
At the end, participants were requested to assess the workshop. Below are some of the highlights:
- All the participants were very active, passionate about the workshop theme, eagerly sharing their experiences, best practices, doubts and concerns;
- One participant in particular appreciated the excellent youth turn up and engagement in the workshop and was opportunistic that the future will be brighter for them;
- The presenters were outstanding and the topics covered were apt and the way the workshop had been handled by IYET was great, very engaging;
- The breakout sessions to brainstorm on specific topics were greatly appreciated;
- More time for discussion was recommended for future workshops